Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Rocket Man

Hi Everyone, and especially Greg,

Greg, I realized today how you almost got killed by that rocket when we were about 11 years old. It was my fault. Today I was getting my crown at the dentist, and they asked if I wanted to watch a DVD overhead and I said no, because I didn't want the dentist watching TV while drilling my mouth, so I had to entertain myself mentally, so I ruminated on my rocket fleet, recalling what features they had, etc. The one that targeted you was the pride of the fleet, 2 stages with a payload and a parachute! You remember how the first stage blasted off, then it cruised up further, flipped over, then the second stage ignited blasting it between your legs? See, the booster engine blasts downward until the fuel is almost burnt, then the last bit of fuel blasts UP to separate the booster and ignite the second stage. But the second stage engine burns its fuel, then burns some neutral matter to give a COUPLE SECOND DELAY so the rocket can finish coasting before the final UP blast deploys the parachute. You wouldn't want the parachute to pop out while the rocket is still streaking upward. I can't believe I would make a mistake like this, but I must have put a second stage engine in the booster. What else could it be?
So, Greg, sorry about that. Glad I didn't kill you. You can tell Mom now.

Your bro,
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment